Lets talk about challenges. I have so many challenges that I start and never finish. Life always just seems to get in the way. Usually it is work related. I work a 12 hour night shift from 7:30pm to 7:30am on a panama schedule (Meaning we work 2 days on and 2 days off; 3 days on and 2 days off; 2 days on and 3 days off; repeat) and can’t seem to get used to it. I always feel sleepy and out of it. I get so tired that every first off day I have, I end up sleeping 10-16 hours depending on how much sleep I got the day before work. It’s just so draining and exhausting that even trying to find time to work out or make a meal or even just clean up around the house feels so overwhelming. It’s times like this where I wish I had a spouse to help me around the house and make food so I feel a bit more at ease and not so anxious going into the kitchen. Luckily, I have one more week until I finally switch to days, and when doing that my hours at work will cut down to 10.5. It makes things a little bit easier to do more.
I have been wanting to take on daily challenges. I have a bunch that I started but never finished because of the above reasons. But with this new month, and more positive changes, I really want to push myself to start all over again and do what I need to do to push myself to more mentally, physically and emotionally healthier spaces. Especially since most of these are things that I not only signed up for, but paid for as well.
So here are the different challenges I will start next month:
• Rob Dial’s Iron Mind 60 Day challenge- Now if you don’t know who Rob Dial is, he has one of the most popular health and lifestyle podcasts called The Mindset and Motivation Podcast. He is one of the podcasters who I started listening to a few months ago and get a lot from his words. What is contained in this challenge, which he goes into more depth about is, an intensive 60 days of breaking through your current mindset and elevate your life through daily work and accountability. There are 6 things that you must do every day.
1. Take a cold shower.
2. Working out of your choices for an intensive 45 mins
3. No alcohol
6. Dieting of your choice but to maintain it for the full 60 days.
• The Budgetnista 36 Day Live Richer Challenge – This is a free challenge by the “Budgetnista” Tiffany Aliche, from her website Live Richer Challenge. She is a celebrated budget and finance coach that has helped people all over with her expertise. If you are curious about her and would like to learn more I recommend listening to her interview on the Goal Digger podcast episode 260 here.
• Blogilates 28 Day Summer Sculpt Series – This one is also a free challenge that Cassey Ho posted on her YouTube Channel at the beginning of the month. She is so fun and silly to work out with. I used to find her annoying but she grew on me. What I enjoy about her work outs is that not only does she make them fun and challenging, but she talks and has conversations throughout her work outs to help get your mind off the pain and to also make you feel more like you’re working out with a friend rather than a social media influencer. Cassey is very body positive and encouraging. She isn’t someone who will let you slack either and keeps encouraging you to press forward despite how painful the moves are. I started this challenge when I was on leave and coming back from my vacation. At that time, I had all the time in the world to work out with Cassey. Getting back on the job made me so tired since I had to readjust to night schedule, and it made me so physically drained that I ended up sleeping a whole 25 hours on my first off day. So I didn’t continue it like I wanted to. But I want to try again. Once I start the 60 day challenge, I would like this to be apart of my daily work out routine. Along with running on the track on base. 28 Day Summer Sculpt Challenge. Along side of this she has a few downloadables to go along with this challenge like a calendar and schedules to keep you on track.
• Blogilates PIIT 28 Day Reset- So this 28 day reset is a clean eating plan that free from added sugars, gluten, dairy, and processed grains. What I enjoyed about this was that the foods were soooo simple to make and delicious despite being without these things. I really wanted to do this because I have a massive sugar addiction and I sincerely do not want to end up with diabetes because I lack the self control. But just like with the work out, it isn’t sustainable while I’m working 12s at night. I end up buying tons of food, and it ends up going to waste because I am too tired and too worn out to prep. I swear I has no energies and it sucks because I actually liked this one. I want to get back into it as apart of the 60 day challenge too. 28 Day Reset Challenge . This one is mean to go along side her 28 Day PIIT (Pilates Intensive Interval Training) work out, but I tried this alongside the Summer Sculpt Challenge and I felt so good doing it. I want to feel that good again.
• The Clutch Thought Work Books– This is a paid subscription I have with the host of the UnFuck Your Brain Podcast, Kara Loewentheil. She is an AMAZING certified master life coach who uses psychology and feminist mindset to help women succeed and live their best lives. She was one of the podcasters who helped me realize my passion for life coaching and business. This is one thing I feel bad about because even though I’m paying a monthly subscription, I have put it to the side and have yet to really do any of the work. I want that to change. As I am going to start training for my own coaching, I think this would be a perfect thing to do on the side from that. Here is the link if you are interested in The Clutch
• Last but certainly not least, Reading. I have 2 things I want to accomplish with reading:
1. Start reading daily from one book of my choice for the month, and
2. Start over in doing daily exercises from The Entrepreneur’s Book of Actions by Rhett Power
I heard in interview with Rhett Power on Intelligence For Your Life Podcast
And he made such an impression on me that I decided to pick up his book right away. But once again, it was something I stopped doing because of
reasons. Aside from helping others, I have a huge passion for business/entrepreneurship. This book is a daily, 53 week challenge to help you get to where you want to be in your business regardless of where you are with it.
As far as the book of the month (unless I finish it sooner) I want to start with Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert. I keep hearing about this book and everyone says it is life changing. I have this book on my shelf but forgot about it soon after I picked it up off of Amazon. But I really want to read it and see what it is all about and help change my life.
So these will be the things I do for the next 60 days. I realize that some of these things are a lot shorter than 60 days, so I’ll just reset them over and over again until the 60 days are up. I know this was a long post but I just has this on my mind. I just signed up for the Iron Mind challenge on a whim cause I know I need it. I need accountability and support to go through all this. To face these challenges even when I don’t want to. There will be ups and downs. That is expected. But I want to complete this challenge and give myself something to be very proud about. I guess this will be another thing I can update everyone on as it goes on.